Summer may be winding down (I know – completely crazy, right?!), but there’s no reason you can’t extend its feeling with your DIY body care products! If you’re feeling like you need just a bit more summer in your beauty routine, try this easy, money-saving, chemical free Pluot-Pear Body Exfoliator. Pluots – a hybrid fruit that calls plums and apricots Mom and Dad – are vibrant, flavorful and a great skin-refresher. Pears are a perfect summer fruit, with smells reminiscent of all those summer picnics you hopefully had lots of in the past few months. Mix these with some exfoliating sugar, a dash of skin-tightening lemon juice, and you’ve got yourself one fresh, fruity, and incredibly natural body exfoliator you can use well into the cooler fall months, especially when you need a little pick-me-up. Here’s a recipe for a small, ready-to-use batch. For larger batches, double or quadruple the recipe and keep in the fridge for up to a few weeks.
- 1 pear
- 1 pluot
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut pear and pluot into tiny pieces, excluding their respective cores. Mash well in a small bowl.
- Add half (1/2 cup) of the cane sugar and the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Place the entire mixture into a blender or food processor. Blend well until fruit pieces liquefy.
- Remove from your blender and put back into your bowl. Add in the remainder of the sugar. If the mixture is a bit too
- Exfoliate your face, your arms, legs – wherever you have rough skin.
- Rinse well.
- Enjoy your brightened, tightened, summer-smelling skin!