A recent interview with University of Pennsylvania law professor Amy Wax, who specializes in social welfare law and labor and family economics law, showed us that white supremacy is still prevalent. In a public discussion, Wax would go on to make racist remarks about her South Asian colleagues at UPenn, saying that “their country is a sh*thole” and “they’ve realized that we’ve outgunned and outclassed them in every way.”
Source: ABC News/Youtube
Wax’s comments “serve as a persistent and tangible reminder that racism, sexism, and xenophobia are not theoretical abstractions but are real and insidious beliefs in this country and in our building,” said Dean Theodore Ruger. We must ensure that Amy Wax faces the consequences for her disgusting remarks. Sign this petition to tell UPenn to fire professor Amy Wax for her appalling white supremacist remarks!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Turtles Are Getting Mysteriously Ill in Central Florida, and Scientists Need Help
- Stop People From Shooting Pets with Guns and Arrows in Louisiana
- Horse Owners Were Charged With Roughly 300 Counts of Animal Abuse
- Emily Was Brutally Beaten by Police for Drinking a Beer on the Beach
- Banks Are Funding Our Climate Destruction. They Must Divest Now
- Call on Congress to ban police from using phone data to spy on pregnant people
- Indigenous Women Were Forced Into Being Sterilized. Demand Justice
- Change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Delta Airlines Abandoned Five Million Honeybees-in-Transit to Die on a Hot Tarmac
- Demand Change From Shein
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!