Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In an attempt to re-home their fostered or adopted kids, people across the country are posting listings on Facebook. These children are already going through one of the most difficult things imaginable, and these posts are dehumanizing and unregulated.
One of the posts in the group read, “What is the best way to find a new family when disrupting/dissolving an international adoption (he has been with us for 10 years)? The agencies won’t help us due to a combination of his age, race, medical issues, and behaviors.” When some kids have medical issues or disabilities, foster parents realize they are taking on more than they expected and decide that they no longer want the obligation. Disturbingly, these are literal human beings who are being treated like advertisements.
Source: Fox Business/Youtube
When foster parents give up their adopted kids at the first sign of trouble, they are subconsciously teaching them that love is conditional and they can be re-abandoned. The health and safety of these children are at risk, and Facebook needs to intervene. Sign this petition to demand that Facebook shut down all of these groups and revise its policy to prevent similar posts in the future!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Justice For Horse That Pennsylvania Police Officer Intentionally Ran Over and Killed
- Louisiana Banned The Sale of Cosmetics Tested on Animals. Demand All Other States Pass Similar Bans!
- Remove the Ban on Walking and Driving with Dogs in Tehran, Iran
- Call on Congress To Give EPA Authority to Regulate Emissions from Power Plants
- Demand the United States Do Something About the Millions that Are Being Murdered, Starved, and Dying of Dehydration in Yemen
- Call on the U.S. Government to List Monarch Butterflies Under the Endangered Species Act
- Save the Elephants and Make Sure the Ivory Ban is Never Lifted!
- Demand a Full Investigation Into Woman Who Was Raising Her Young Son in a Home Filled with Dead Dogs
- Superbug Cases Exploding and Antibiotics in Animal Agriculture Are to Blame
- Myanmar’s Military Junta Executed Four Leading Pro-Democracy Activists
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to theOne Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!