Four former wrestlers at Ohio State were sexually abused by Dr. Richard Strauss and Congressman Jim Jordan, who served as an assistant wrestling coach, was aware and even covered up the abuse. According to at least three former wrestlers, Strauss, who served as the team’s doctor from the mid-1970s to the late 90s, regularly forced wrestlers to take showers with him and touched them inappropriately during checkups.
Source: NBC News/Youtube
The university concluded last year that Strauss “sexually abused at least 177 male student-patients” between 1979 and 1998. The doctor died by suicide in 2005, reports CNN. Jordan has continued to deny any involvement or knowledge about Strauss’ abuse during his years working at OSU. However, survivor Tito Vazquez says these claims couldn’t be further from the truth. Sign this petition to hold both Strauss and Jordan responsible.
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Rozie’s Zoo Be Shut Down Before More of her Babies Die
- Demand action against climate change
- Ban this Cancer-Causing Bread Ingredient
- Invest in the Ethical Training of COVID-Sniffing Dogs
- Stop Drilling in Scott Reef, Australia
- Demand that Canada end gruesome seal hunt
- Urge the Indian Government to punish animal cruelty
- Demand an end to abusive Horse “blood farms” in Iceland
- Rescue an abused and captive lion who had his teeth ripped out
- Stand up for the human rights of women in Turkey
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!