Just this February, Myanmar’s democratic government collapsed to a violent military coup. Now, the junta has been on a mission seemingly to abuse and take away basic human rights.
Source: NowThis News/Youtube
Last month in July, the military junta announced that it had executed four leading pro-democracy activists, including a former member of Parliament. They even have as many as 70 other political prisoners facing possible execution.
Their names were Kyaw Min Yu (“Ko Jimmy”), Hla Myo Aung, Aung Thura Zaw, and former MP Phyo Zeya Thaw. These murders make the first death sentences in Myanmar in 34 years. The Burmese community does not deserve to live their lives terrified of speaking their mind. We need to stand together for the people of Myanmar!
Sign this petition to stand with the pro-democracy groups in Myanmar and demand action from international leaders!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Investigation into Cruel Abusive Goat Farm
- Investigate White Birch Farm for Animal Abuse
- Tell France to Include Golf Courses in Water Restriction Rules
- Kids Shouldn’t Need Bulletproof Backpacks! Tell Senate to Ban Assault Weapons
- Decriminalize Same-Sex Marriages in Singapore
- Demand Florida Restore Healthcare for Trans People!
- Tell the US to Follow Scotland and Make Period Products Free!
- Demand Raise in Taxes for the World’s Billionaires
- Charge Jake Paul For Driving Through Protected Beaches for Endangered Turtle Nesting!
- Demand Disney Take Responsibility for Massacre of Lemmings and Set the Record Straight!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!