Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The Southern Baptist Church just released a previously secret list of pastors and church-affiliated employees who had been accused of sexual abuse after keeping it secret for more than a decade. The list titled “Abuse Of Faith” was published in 2019 after a six-month investigation and includes over 700 case entries against hundreds of perpetrators that largely span from 2000 to 2019. The list included everyone from church volunteers to ministers to pastors, said NPR.
“Each entry in this list reminds us of the devastation and destruction brought about by sexual abuse,” said Rolland Slade and Willie McLaurin from Guidepost Solutions in a joint statement.
For survivors to heal, not only do religious institutions need to acknowledge the truth of the horror of what was done for decades, but real change needs to happen. Transparency and accountability must be a top priority for justice to be served. Powerful religious institutions have been covering up abuse over and over again, and we must ensure this never happens again. Sign this petition to demand the Department of Justice step in and investigate these heinous crimes!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Elephants Shouldn’t Be Taught to Perform Unhealthy Tricks
- Ban the Yulin Dog Meat Festival Once and For All
- Tell Harvard to return human remains to the communities they belong to
- Demand America’s prosecutors refuse to prosecute abortions
- Stop McConnell’s ploy to deny school meals to millions of hungry kids
- Hold Verizon and AT&T accountable for pretending to be LGBTQ+ Allies
- Expel Ron Johnson for trying to overturn the election with fake Trump electors
- End the Annual Canadian Seal Hunt
- Save the Trout and Salmon Population in Scotland
- Free Happy the elephant From Her ‘One-Acre Prison’
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!