In disturbing surveillance footage, a video shows three women in Tangshan who were brutally assaulted outside of a Tangshan barbecue restaurant by several men, and it is raising calls for action by feminists across China. The video shows a man walking up to a woman eating dinner and he slaps and pushes her to the ground as she struggles to fight him off.
Although her friends eating with her tried to help, other men joined in and they too were brutally attacked. This violent video gained millions of views and started a nationwide uproar. Many people called out the police and bystanders for not doing anything to help and making no effort to arrest the attackers.
Sadly, what happened in the Tangshan barbecue restaurant is not an isolated incident. China is still a society in which women have to fear for their lives. Legal action must be taken seriously to punish attackers and systemic gender oppression must be addressed.
Source: NBC News/Youtube
Chinese people have been fighting gender-based violence in the country and it’s time that Chinese legislators act to strengthen protection for women. Sign this petition to demand the National People’s Congress pass legislation explicitly addressing gender-based violence!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Justice for Monkeys at UC Berkeley Who Were Dehydrated Until They Had Sunken Eyes
- Pass Utah Bill To Extend Protection to Animals in Domestic Violence Cases
- Demand Justice For Murdered Rhino Protector in South Africa
- Tell NYC Mayor Eric Adams to Ban Cruel Horse Drawn Carriages
- Demand Justice for Nearly 30 Puppies and Dogs Who Were Found Bleeding, Hairless, and Eating Each Other Alive
- Ask Congress to Pass Bill to Address Racial Disparities in Maternal Health
- Demand California Lawmakers Provide Affordable Housing
- Demand Congress Give Right to Divorce at Anytime Regardless of Pregnancy Status
- Protect Lake County’s Greenway Corridor
- Demand FOX News Host be Charged With Recklessly Endangering the Life of an Abortion Doctor
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to theOne Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!