A student at the University of Virginia fatally shot three people and wounded two others on campus, The suspect is in custody, but the community was told to shelter in place for hours while authorities tried to locate him. This is just another reason why we need to take meaningful action against the gun problem in the United States.
To create stricter gun laws, we need to end the filibuster, which has been used to block votes on gun violence prevention legislation for decades. There are hundreds of mass shootings in the country every single year. Why haven’t we done anything about this?
The filibuster requires that at least 60 Senators must agree to end a debate and move forward with a vote. Now that Democrats hold the power in the Senate, we must try to abolish the filibuster now so that we can save countless lives.
Sign this petition to demand Congress abolish the filibuster and pass stricter gun laws.
While you’re at it, you can also raise awareness through activism Apparel by wearing sustainable brands like Tiny Rescue. Check out the Climate Change Collection!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand the FBI Investigate the Colorado Mass Shooting at an LGBTQ Nightclub as a Hate Crime
- Restrict Florida Medial Boards From Being Able to Take Away Gender-Affirming Health Care for Children
- Tell States to Follow Massachusetts and Ban Throwing Away Clothing
- Tell the FDA to Finally Phase Out Animal Testing
- Make Sure This Animal Abuser Dog Groomer Can Never Have Animals Again
- Tell Virginia to Finally Make Declawing Cats Illegal
- Everett Massachusetts Banned Animal Testing, Tell the Entire State to Follow Suit
- Ban Animal Abuser From Owning Animals Again After He Abandoned Them and Let Them Starve to Death
- Demand Florida Remove Questions About Menstrual Cycle For Student Athletes
- Tell the IUCN to Protect Big Tuskers and All Elephants from Poachers
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!