Source: ABC 7 Chicago/YouTube
Earlier this month a Norfolk Southern freight train derailed, caught fire, and spilled toxic chemicals along the Ohio-Pennsylvania border. Many people have become sick, several pets have died, and scientists believe the effects of this spill could last for years. Poor regulation and malpractice are the likely causes of this spill and Norfolk Southern needs to be held accountable for this. Please sign this petition to demand that Norfolk Southern fund the healthcare costs and monitor people in the affected area!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Ask NOAA to Investigate the Impact Offshore Drilling has on Marine Animals
- Petition: Tell Doug Ford to Abandon the Two-Tiered Healthcare Plan
- Petition: Demand YouTube Deplatform Sadistic Poaching Couple
- Petition: Urge States to Pass Protections for Abortion and the LGBTQ+ Community
- Petition: Urge the Iranian Government to Strengthen Domestic Violence Laws
- Petition: Urge Congress to Ban Cosmetic Testing on Animals
- Petition: Help Make Sure This Animal Abuser is Never Allowed to Have Animals Again
- Petition: Tell the Kansas City Chiefs to Change Their Name
- Petition: Make it Illegal to Separate Families if They Can’t Afford to Pay Foster Care Bills
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!