On October 8, 2021, Governor Newsom of California signed AB-367 into legislation requiring all public schools and colleges to provide free menstrual products for all of their students. While this is a huge win, unfortunately, access to free and sanitary menstrual products in public schools is not the norm. This is why we need the rest of the United States to follow suit. Currently, many students across the country experience period poverty, which refers to what happens when they don’t have access to bathroom necessities that are menstrual products.
Source: CBC News: The National/Youtube
According to Women’s Voices for the Earth, more than half the states still tax menstrual products as a “luxury” item. Students should not have to stay home and miss school because they don’t have access to or cannot afford these products.
Sign this petition asking the U.S. Congress to pass a law requiring all public schools and universities to provide free period products.
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Happy the Elephant Deserves to Be Freed From Her ‘One-Acre Prison’
- Ban This Vet Who Abused Animals Until They Were Missing Eyeballs
- Justice for the 10 Victims That Died in the Buffalo Shooting
- Fire the Chicago Cop Who Shot an Unarmed 13-Year-Old
- Stop McDonald’s From Burning Down The Amazon Rainforest
- An Ohio State Doctor Abused Student Wrestlers and This Congressman Knew
- Tell Congress to Give Rural Americans Access To Internet At Home
- Demand Justice for LGBTI Activist Murdered In Greece
- Demand Marjorie Taylor Greene be prosecuted for perjury
- Palm Oil is Killing The Last Orangutans And Burning The Bornean Rainforest
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!