The Governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, has made Florida a place that does not welcome trans people. The state’s health board has blocked Medicaid from covering gender-affirming treatment for low-income trans people. This leaves them without access to life-saving healthcare. Over 9,000 residents of Florida have been affected by the ban.
Source: WKMG News 6 ClickOrlando/Youtube
“Rather than following the science, the data or the experts, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration instead chose to misinterpret studies, ignore evidence, and lend credence to prejudice – yet again putting the state between patients and doctors for no reason other than political grandstanding,” said Human Rights Campaign Legal Director Sarah Warbelow in a statement.
Sign this petition to demand Florida restore healthcare that the DeSantis administration took away from trans people!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Charge Two Men Who Stabbed and Abused a Shark On Camera
- Demand Increased Budget For Classroom Resources and Salaries for Teachers
- Demand the UK Keep Farmed Animals Safe From Abuse
- Stop Authorities From Euthanising An 85-Year-Old Man’s Beloved Dog
- Demand Raise in Taxes for the World’s Billionaires
- Tell Bakersfield to Create Protocol for Finding and Shutting Down Illegal Kennel Operations
- Stop Billionaires From Buying Political Decisions
- Charge Jake Paul For Driving Through Protected Beaches for Endangered Turtle Nesting!
- Demand Investigation into Cruel Abusive Goat Farm
- Demand Florida Restore Healthcare for Trans People!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!