Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
It shouldn’t take another school shooting to understand that giving kids unsupervised access to guns is reckless and dangerous. Parents who allow their children to access weapons outside of a controlled environment could directly be contributing to gun violence, school shootings, and senseless loss of life.
According to statistics, each year in the United States, more than 3,500 children and teens are shot and killed and 15,000 more are shot and injured. An estimated 3 million children in the US are exposed to shootings per year. In 2022 alone, there have already been 22 school shootings.
Source: FOX 2 Detroit/Youtube
It’s greatly concerning that an estimated 4.6 million kids live with unlocked, loaded guns. Devastating gun violence and shootings can be greatly reduced if parents realize what a serious risk a gun in the home is, not only to their children but to the lives of others. Sign this petition to call for prosecutors to charge parents who give kids unsupervised access to guns BEFORE they hurt someone!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Turtles Are Getting Mysteriously Ill in Central Florida, and Scientists Need Help
- Stop People From Shooting Pets with Guns and Arrows in Louisiana
- Horse Owners Were Charged With Roughly 300 Counts of Animal Abuse
- Emily Was Brutally Beaten by Police for Drinking a Beer on the Beach
- Banks Are Funding Our Climate Destruction. They Must Divest Now
- Call on Congress to ban police from using phone data to spy on pregnant people
- Indigenous Women Were Forced Into Being Sterilized. Demand Justice
- Change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Delta Airlines Abandoned Five Million Honeybees-in-Transit to Die on a Hot Tarmac
- Demand Change From Shein
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!