People of color often suffer the worst health effects from pollution because they live in areas that are more heavily polluted. Zoning officials have strategically put power plants in these areas, which have negatively impacted Black and Brown Americans for generations. It’s time our government does something to fix this massive environmental health problem. Please sign this petition to urge the U.S. government to clean up the pollution in these neighborhoods!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Urge Singapore Authorities to Mandate Counseling for Animal-Abusing Child
- Petition: Tell the Department of Transportation to Prioritize a Passenger Rail System
- Petition: Tell Alabama to Ban the Death Penalty After Three Botched Lethal Injections
- Petition: Make Sure This Woman Who Neglected Almost 200 Dogs Gets a Lifelong Ban on Animal Ownership
- Petition: Demand Mayor Eric Adams Stop Involuntarily Locking up People With Mental Illness in NYC
- Petition: Investigate Doctor Who Let Male Medical Student Give Woman Pelvic Exam Without Consent
- Petition: Pledge to Recycle Your Christmas Tree
- Petition: Protect The Once Extinct Somali Elephant Shrew
- Petition: Ask Petco and PetSmart to Stop Selling Birds
- Petition: Call on Congress to Help Developing Nations Protect Against Climate Change
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!