Unfortunately, the world is not a very peaceful or safe place for many individuals. From conflict to abuse to exploitation, there is so much cruelty inflicted on both humans and animals. While this can get disheartening and difficult to hear about, petitions are a great way to use your voice for good. Just by signing one, you are a part of helping those who are not treated fairly. You can even share them with your friends and acquaintances to increase your impact.
Through petitions, we can reach those in power and demand justice for others. They are valuable tools for making positive changes in the world. If you are looking for a way to help animals and humans, here are 10 petitions you should sign this week, including Help Make Dyeing Animals Illegal in California, Ask for an Independent Investigation into the Death of Keenan Anderson, Urge Authorities to Fine People for Violating Proper Landfill Disposal, and More!
We want to thank you for being the change you wish to see in the world and giving a voice to the voiceless.
1. Demand That the Attorney General of Alabama be Removed from His Position
Source: David Pakman Show/YouTube
Alabama is one of several states that issued abortion restrictions in the aftermath of Roe v. Wade being overturned. On top of this, the Attorney General of the state recently declared that people who use abortion pills can be prosecuted. Not only will abortion providers be prosecuted but now pregnant women are under threat as well. Please sign this petition to demand that the Attorney General of Alabama be removed by the Alabama Senate!
2. Call for an Investigation into Jeff Bezos for Violating Worker’s Rights
Source: FOX 13 Seattle/YouTube
Jeff Bezos is currently being sued by former housekeepers for “unsafe and unhealthy work conditions.” The workers allegedly had to work 14 hours at a time with no breaks and without an accessible bathroom. On top of this, they allegedly developed urinary tract infections from not being able to use the bathroom. Please sign this petition to call for an investigation of Bezos for violating Seattle’s Domestic Workers Bill of Rights!
3. Help Make Dyeing Animals Illegal in California
A dog was recently spotted at an NBA game with yellow and red fur, made to look like Pikachu. The fan who brought the dog has since faced backlash but he has shown no remorse for his actions. He doesn’t intend to remove the dye job and believes the dog was not harmed. At the very least, many people who saw the dog on national television will seek to do something similar, likely without considering their dog’s well-being. Please sign this petition to make dyeing animals illegal in California!
4. Tell Authorities to Never Allow This Animal Abuser Near Animals Again
Late last year, authorities entered a home in Florida and discovered hundreds of abused and neglected animals, along with a child. The animals were described as being “deprived of all their basic necessities” and the house was in such bad condition that it had to be demolished. There was feces, blood, garbage, cages, and aquariums littered around the house. The woman who lived there is being charged with animal cruelty and child neglect, but more needs to be done. Please sign this petition to urge authorities to mandate counseling for this woman and never allow her to have animals again!
5. Urge Kim Kardashian to Denounce Keeping Dogs in Garages
Source: Page Six/YouTube
A recent TikTok video posted by Kim Kardashian’s daughter upset many of Kim’s followers. The video seems to show her two dogs living in the garage in a tiny enclosure. Allowing animals the freedom to move around and be social with their humans are a vital component of their well-being. The video has since been deleted, but nothing has been said by Kim following the backlash, which makes it all the more suspicious. Please sign this petition to urge Kim Kardashian to denounce the idea of keeping dogs in garages and encourage her followers to only adopt animals if they can give them a forever home!
6. Ask for an Independent Investigation into the Death of Keenan Anderson
Source: KCAL News/YouTube
A man named Keenan Anderson was tased by LAPD officers six times after he got into a traffic collision, resulting in his death. Footage of the encounter shows Anderson pleading with the officers for help and then saying “they’re trying to George Floyd me” as he was being pushed to the ground. This is the third time this year that the LAPD has killed someone. Please sign this petition to call for an independent investigation of the death of Keenan Anderson and the Mayor of LA to not reappoint the Police Chief!
7. Pressure Instagram to Deplatform an Animal Abuser
Source: Without A Crystal Ball/YouTube
An influencer named Farrah Abraham recently posted an Instagram story that showed her two dogs dyed purple and blue. The video has received plenty of backlash as many viewers understand this is Abraham’s attempt to make the dogs look cute rather than caring about how they feel about it. In 2020, Abraham published another controversial post with her dog’s coats dyed hot pink and blue. Considering Abraham has a large audience and makes money on Instagram, the company should not be tolerating blatant animal abuse on its platform. Please sign this petition to urge Instagram to deplatform Abraham and stop promoting animal abuse!
8. Help Stop Construction Project Before an Ecological Assessment is Completed
A new housing development has been proposed in Miskin, Whales, and many residents are concerned about the potential negative impact it could have on local ecology. Noise pollution and traffic are a couple of the most pressing concerns. Bats are particularly sensitive to disturbances in their habitat, and if their population is affected, other species could also be affected. Some experts will be assessing the situation to see how this will affect the ecology in the area but their report won’t be ready until the summer. Please sign this petition to urge the Rhondda Cynon Taf Council to hold off on approving this construction project until the environmental assessment is complete!
9. Demand Authorities Forbid Animal Rescue Owners from Being Around Animals
An animal rescue facility in Portland, Oregon has come under fire for animal neglect and abuse. The owners apparently falsified immunization records, faked prescriptions for drugs, and grouped animals with compromised immune systems with the other animals, and the floors of the facility were covered in urine and feces. Please sign this petition to urge authorities to forbid the owners from having or working with animals ever again!
10. Urge Authorities to Fine People for Violating Proper Landfill Disposal
Source: WCCO – CBS Minnesota/YouTube
Three bald eagles died and thirteen total were poisoned after they apparently scavenged the carcasses of euthanized animals from a landfill in Minnesota. On top of this, three more eagles were found to have lead poisoning because people didn’t properly dispose of the bodies. These intelligent and beautiful birds shouldn’t have to suffer painful death because of human carelessness. Please sign this petition to urge authorities to fine people for violating proper landfill disposal.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!