Kamala Harris announced on December 3rd, 2020 that her top aides will all be women, and many of them will be women of color. This comes on the heels of Joe Biden announcing his Senior White House press team will be entirely comprised of women as well. Biden campaigned on the promise of creating a diverse administration and cabinet that represents America.
Tina Flournoy will be Harris’ chief of staff. She previously served as the chief of staff to President Bill Clinton.
Nancy McEldowney will serve as National Security Advisor. She has served in the foreign service for 3 decades. Her previous posts include U.S ambassador to Bulgaria, deputy chief of mission in Turkey and Azerbaijan, and director of the State Department’s Foreign Service Institute.
Rohini Kosoglu was Harris’ chief of staff in the Senate and will now serve as Domestic Policy Adviser. She currently is the Senior Advisor to Harris on the Biden-Harris Transition team.
Ashley Etienne will work as Communications Director on Harris’ team. Etienne was previously the Communications Director and Senior Advisor to Nancy Pelosi, who released the following statement on Harris’ pick.
“Vice President-elect Kamala Harris has chosen a seasoned communicator in the selection of Ashley Etienne. Her experience working on both sides of Pennsylvania Avenue and the immense respect she commands among both Members and staff will make her a powerful force in the Biden-Harris Administration.”
Symone Sanders will serve as Chief Spokeswoman on Harris’ communications team. She was a senior advisor on the Biden campaign and in 2016 was the press secretary for Bernie Sanders.
The Harris team released the following statement regarding her staff picks:
“Our country is facing unprecedented challenges — from the coronavirus pandemic to the economic crisis, to the climate crisis, and a long-overdue reckoning over racial injustice. To overcome these challenges, we need to communicate clearly, honestly, and transparently with the American people, and this experienced, talented, and barrier-shattering team will help us do that.”
- Kamala Harris Shares Her Favorite Indian Foods!
- Elections 2020: Join One Green Planet, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in Supporting Minority and Marginalized Communities Across America!
- Amazon Removes Sexist and Racist Shirts Attacking Kamala Harris
- DNC 2020: Sen. Kamala Harris Accepts VP Nomination and Democratic Leaders Come Together to Overthrow Trump
- Biden’s VP Kamala Harris and Where She Stands on Climate, Food, Animal, and Public Health Policy
- Key Moments from Vice Presidential Debate, Harris Calls Out Trump and Pence for Failures on COVID-19 and Defends Biden’s Climate Plan
- Harris Delivers First Speech with Biden; Acknowledges Women Who Paved the Way Before Her
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!