Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Netflix has dropped the much-anticipated first trailer for “Chicken Run 2,” the sequel to Aardman Animations’ beloved 2000 poultry escape movie, and it promises to be an egg-citing adventure with a fresh twist. While staying true to the charm and humor of the original, this sequel takes our plucky protagonists on an entirely new adventure that’s set to ruffle some feathers.
In the original “Chicken Run,” Ginger (formerly voiced by Julia Sawalha) led a daring escape from the oppressive Tweedy’s Farm. However, this time around, the tables have turned. Our feathered heroes, who found refuge on an idyllic island at the end of the first film, must stage a break-in of their own. But the target of their mission is no ordinary chicken coop; it’s an elaborate, high-tech chicken farm that could give even Bond villains a run for their money.
Returning to wreak havoc and rule the roost is the indomitable Melisha Tweedy, voiced by the talented Miranda Richardson. Joining her are new villains Dr. Fry, portrayed by Nick Mohammed, and Reginald Smith, brought to life by Peter Serafinowicz. The farm has evolved over the past two decades, becoming a formidable fortress, but the chickens are not to be underestimated.
“Chicken Run 2” appears to be a feathered Mission: Impossible, blending the classic charm of Aardman Animations with a fresh twist on the original storyline. With a talented and diverse voice cast, this sequel has all the ingredients to captivate both old fans and new audiences.
Sign this petition to boycott real animal violence in movies.
- 11 Times Veganism Was Mentioned on Your Favorite TV Shows and Movies
- 15 Midsommar Movie-Themed Vegan Recipes for Your Next Summer Feast!
- 10 Movies with Hidden Messages About Climate Change
- ‘Childhood Movies Helped Me Turn Vegan’: Reddit User Says These Nine Movies Changed Their Life
- Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Launches GreenerLight Sustainability Program to Make More Planet-Friendly Movies
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!