The Biden Administration is taking additional steps to stop the spread of the coronavirus. The White House announced that millions of free face masks would be distributed to organizations that serve low-income communities.
Source: Bloomberg Quicktake: Now/YouTube
The federal government will send over 25 million masks to food pantries, soup kitchens, community health centers, and other organizations. The goal is to reach 15 million low-income people between March and May.
“It allows people who are not able to in some situations find or afford a mask, to get a mask, and is part of our equity strategy,” White House Covid-19 coordinator Jeff Zients said. The masks will be well-fitted cloth masks in child and adult sizes.
“Not all Americans are wearing masks regularly, not all Americans have access and not all masks are equal,” Zients said in a briefing, “With this action, we are helping to level the playing field, giving vulnerable populations quality, well-fitted masks.”
- Know the Health Risks Before Investing in an Antimicrobial Nano-Silver Mask (and What to Buy Instead!)
- DIY Medical Masks: What You Need to Know and How to Make One
- How to Prevent Your Mask from Fogging Your Glasses
- Face Masks Could Be Giving People Covid Immunity!
- 5 Tips for Avoiding Mask-Related Acne Flare Ups and Skin Concerns
- Try this Test to See if Your Face Mask Works!
- Which Masks are the Most Effective to Control the Spread of Coronavirus?
- Study by WHO Shows that Wearing Face Masks Reduces the Chance of Getting Coronavirus by 80%
- Time to Use Reusable Masks! Reports Show Plastic Gloves and Masks are Polluting Our Oceans Heavily
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!