In this episode, my co-author Gene Stone and I talk about our new book, Eat For The Planet.
About Gene Stone
Gene Stone is an acclaimed author who has written more than 45 books on a wide variety of subjects and co-authored national bestsellers such as Forks Over Knives and How Not to Die. He is also a former book and magazine editor. You can read more about Gene on his website here, and follow him on Twitter and Facebook.
Why You Should Listen
Gene and I dive deep into what it was like to write Eat For The Planet in this candid conversation. Some of the things we cover include:
- How we met and decided to write a book about the connection between food and the environment.
- The book publishing business and process to take our idea and turn it into a book.
- What the book covers and what we hope it achieves
- Our thoughts on the state of the food system and how we hope it changes in the future.
People/Companies/Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Buy the Eat For The Planet book
- Abrams Books
- Brian Wendel
- Michael Greger
- Rip Esselstyn
- Gene Baur
- Nathan Runkle
- Beyond Meat
- Maple Leaf Foods acquires Lightlife
- Pinnacle Foods acquires Gardein
- Nestlé acquires Sweet Earth Enlightened Foods
- Wilderness Society
- Dairy Pride Act
#EatForThePlanet With Nil Zacharias Podcast Links