Shoe store Zappos has created a new platform to help people shop for purpose-driven products. Just in time for holiday shopping, the brand’s Goods for Goods platform showcases 150 brands that are linked to causes.
Separated into five categories– Recycled, Organic, Vegan, Sustainably Certified, and Give Back- the shop promotes the stories and purpose behind each brand. Brands like sustainable sneakers Veja are available on the site, as are Native Shoes, which converts used shoes into playground equipment. These are just a few of the brands available on the site.
Consumers, especially millennials, are increasingly looking for and influenced by sustainability in brands. According to information technology firm GCS, a third of survey respondents were willing to pay 25% more for a product from an eco-friendly brand.
Zappos head of charitable giving, Steven Bautista said of the new site, “We know for our customers [that] every purchase matters and they’re passionate about investing in products that contribute to a greater good. We want to ensure the best service and shopping experience possible, so we’ve made it fast and easy for them to view all relevant products at once and learn about each brand’s purpose.”
- 10 Fashion Brands That are Helping the Environment
- Your Guide to Cruelty-Free Clothing
- Fashion is the 2nd Largest Water Polluter in the World! How to Reduce Your Clothing Footprint
- Look Great: Your Guide to Vegan-Friendly Shopping
- Kanye Talks About Making his Clothing Brand Yeezy Eco-Friendly
- How to Recycle Clothes
- 8 Creative DIY Ideas for Old Clothes
- 13 Million Tons of Clothes Are Filling Up Our Landfills
- How to Repurpose, Recycle, or Resell Old Shoes
- How to Repurpose, Recycle, and Reuse Old Mattresses
- How to Repurpose, Recycle, and Reuse Old Chairs
- How to Recycle Wrapping Paper and Greeting Cards
- How Shopping Waste-Free is Better for Your Health and the Planet – Plus 3 Easy Tips to Help You Do it
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!