Rihanna’s foundation, the Clara Lionel Foundation, just pledged $15 million to help fight the climate crisis.
According to a press release from the foundation, they will be donating the money to 18 different grassroots climate justice organizations, with a goal of combating the inequality that climate change is perpetuating.
The money will go to “Support entities focused on and led by women, youth, Black, Indigenous, people of color and LGBTQIA+ communities,” with a goal of combating Climate change.
Organizations the foundation is funding include the Black Feminist Fund, the Caribbean Youth Environment Network, Climate Justice Alliance, and the Indigenous Environmental Network.
The foundation wrote, “Climate disasters, which are growing in frequency and intensity, do not impact all communities equally. Under-resourced countries, communities of color, and island nations are facing the brunt. To combat this inequity, funders must build partnerships with organizations, acknowledging their deep understanding of what is necessary to achieve climate justice in their own communities.”
Read more about how people around the world, like in Pakistan, The U.S., Madrid, Minneapolis, and others, are working to combat climate change and make a difference for the planet. To help combat Climate change, one of the most important things you can do is switch to a plant-based diet and say no to animal agriculture.
- Rihanna’s Foundation Donates $5 Million to Organizations Fighting the Spread of COVID-19
- Benedict Cumberbatch and British Prime Minister’s Dad Join Climate Protests
- Rihanna is Launching Fenty Skin with a Three-Step Vegan Skincare Routine!
- Paul McCartney Calls on COP26 Delegates to Adopt Plant Based Treaty
- Rihanna Launches Silk-Free Valentine’s Day Lingerie Collection!
- Natalie Portman Discusses How We Can Reduce Our Environmental Impact With a Vegan Diet on Colbert
- How to Eat Vegan Like Meghan Markle!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!