Prince William is hoping the world can adopt the same “spirit of invention” that it adopted for the Covid-19 pandemic and apply it to climate change. Alongside notables including Shakira, Cate Blanchett, and Queen Rania of Jordan, the Duke of Cambridge wrote an open letter for Earth Day.
The letter is part of William’s Earthshot Prize initiative. “But humanity is rising to the challenge. People everywhere have worn masks, stayed at home and made sacrifices for the greater good. The availability of vaccines after just a year is both a triumph of science and a victory for collaboration. There is a long way to go. None of us are safe until everybody is safe. But we have learned what it means to pull together in the face of a truly global crisis,” the letter reads.
Source: Earthshot Prize/YouTube
“These lessons apply not just to pandemics but to the most pressing challenge in human history: stopping the climate emergency,” it shared.
The letter continued: “As people around the world queue up for their vaccinations, now is the time to harness that same spirit of invention and give the Earth a shot too.”
- Prince William’s New Climate Change Documentary
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Announce Multi-Million Pound Prize for Visionaries Solving Environmental Challenges
- Prince William Says Positive Conversations Around Climate Change are Necessary
- Meghan Markle Shares Photos of Secret Visit to Animal Charity
- “Terra Carta,” a New Initiative by Prince Charles
- Prince William Launches £50 million Environmental Prize
- Meghan Markle’s Beautiful Jewelry Raises Awareness for Endangered Species!
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Raise Awareness for Plastic Pollution During Australian Beach Cleanup!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!