Jackson, Mississippi, has been without safe drinking water for weeks. After flooding caused a pump failure at the water treatment facility to break, the city which is a predominantly Black community is not able to shower, hydrate, do dishes, cook, or clean.
However, even before the pump failure, Jackson was under a “boil water” notice, and many fear the situation is becoming the next Flint. If Flint taught us anything, it’s that clean water needs to be prioritized!
Nestle is the world’s largest food and drink company. They have more than enough resources to give the city of Jackson water until the situation is fixed. However, Nestle has a long history of taking water from communities in need and using it for profit without giving back to the communities they are taking from. It’s time that Nestle took responsibility and did something good for once!
Climate-induced flooding and droughts are stressing water systems all across the world, and as climate change worsens, experts warn that the crisis in Jackson could just be the beginning. Everyone should have a right to clean drinking water.
Sign this petition to demand Nestle help Jackson residents get clean water!
While you’re at it, you can also awareness through activism Apparel by wearing sustainable brands like Tiny Rescue. Check out the Climate Change Collection!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Tell Florida Hotels to Allow Hurricane Victims to Bring Their Pets to Stay
- Demand Animal Cruelty Charge For Montana Woman Who Shot and Skinned a Dog
- Tell Austalia that Kangaroos are Not Pets
- Demand Investigation into Gainsville PD After K9 Ripped Out Black Man’s Eye During Traffic Stop
- Fire Officers Who Arrested a Black Man For Watering His Neighbor’s Flowers
- Demand Justice For Woman Who Was Handcuffed in a Parked Car on Train Tracks and Was Hit by a Train
- Demand Universal Meals Programs for Children Across the United States
- Demand Iran Drop the Death Penalty and Free LGBTQ+ Activists
- Suspend Environment Harming Cattle Ranching on U.S. Public Lands and National Parks
- Investigate Dr. Oz for Medical Scams
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!