Last month, five million honeybees — 800 pounds inside 200 crates — bound a Delta Airlines flight from Sacramento, California. They were heading for Seattle, Washington, and then on to Anchorage, Alaska. There, they’d join the nurseries and orchards of more than 300 Alaskan beekeepers to help with pollinating fruiting plants. That was the plan. Until Delta Airlines rerouted the bees to a completely different location and left them to starve and broil to death on a hot airport tarmac for hours.
Source: Ashleigh Kman/Youtube
“People don’t grasp just how dependent we as a species are on honeybees for pollination. And this is just a waste, an absolute tragedy,” said McElrea from the Metro Atlanta Beekeeper’s Association told The New York Times. Sign this petition to demand justice for these pollinators, which Delta thoughtlessly neglected to death!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Stop Germany From Killing “Excess” Laboratory Animals
- Prevent Animals and Children From Dying in Hot Cars
- Demand the British Parliament stop shipping refugees to Rwanda
- Urge Congress to pass strong gun control legislation
- Scrap policy preventing LGBTQ+ people from donating blood
- Punish Paul Gosar for blaming trans people for the Robb school shooting
- Tell the Senate to pass the Equality Act for Pride Month
- Protect the Blakiston fish owls’ habitat now
- Demand Justice For Four Wolves Poisoned by Poachers
- Tell Nike and Puma to stop selling kangaroo leather productsFor more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!