Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The five-part series titled Our Great National Parks was announced last February as a part of Higher Ground Productions, a company founded in 2018 by Barack and Michelle Obama. But, no one could have imagined that we would get the documentary narrated and hosted by the former president.
In a Netflix trailer released last week, we see clips of different exotic animals with Obama’s soothing voice in the background.
“A fish that can walk. Surfing hippos that want to catch the waves. Species found nowhere else on earth.” He continues, “When humanity started to protect these wild places, we did not realize how important they would become: They’re a haven for endangered species and a hotbed for scientific research.”
Higher Ground Productions signed an agreement with Netflix in 2018 to bring “a diverse mix of content, including the potential for scripted series, unscripted series, docuseries, documentaries, and features.”
A campaign from Wildlife Conservation Society and Count Us will begin when the series hits Netflix and the series hopes to educate and inform of the truly amazing wildlife there is and how we need to save them! Our Great National Parks will be available to stream on April 13th.
- David Attenborough talks to Anderson Cooper on 60 Minutes About Why We Need to Save Nature in Order to Save Ourselves
- Jane Goodall Narrates New Documentary About Lab-Grown Meat
- New Documentary Seeks to Expose the Cruel Ways Humans Use Animals – And the Trailer is Giving Us Chills (VIDEO)
- New Documentary Series Showcases 5 Remarkable People Who Are Changing Animals Lives and Saving the Planet (VIDEO)
- New Documentary Explores How Animal Rescues are Changing Us for the Better
- Documentary Exposing the Causes of the World’s 6th Mass Extinction of Animals Premiers in Theaters!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!