“The cancellation of Keystone XL is a reminder that this project was never needed and never in the public interest, and that it is time for the fossil fuel era to rapidly come to a close,” David Turnbull, strategic communications director with Oil Change International, said in a statement.
Keystone was originally proposed to bring oil from Canada’s western tar sands to the United States and has been under contention for years.
Environmental groups promoted the news and urged the Biden administration to cancel other pipeline projects under consideration. “The termination of this zombie pipeline sets precedent for President Biden and polluters to stop Line 3, Dakota Access, and all fossil fuel projects,” Kendall Mackey, campaign manager of 350.org’s Keep It in the Ground campaign, said in a statement.
Sign this petition to stand with the IEA and demand that all major oil and gas companies switch to the production of sustainable, green energy now. Make sure that government leaders, including President Joe Biden, mandate this switch.
- Court Orders Dakota Pipeline Shut Down!
- United States Judge Cancels Keystone XL Oil Permit Due to Pipeline’s Effect on Endangered Species
- Wild Horse Trapped in Wire Left By Bayou Bridge Pipeline Company Highlights Environmental Abuse
- Tell Prime Minister Trudeau to Trump TransCanada’s Energy East Tar Sands Pipeline
- 3 Outrageous Claims the Media Is Making About Keystone XL
- Biden to Cancel Keystone XL Pipeline
- 3 Times Pipeline Ruptures Damaged the Environment and How You Can Keep This From Happening Again
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!