While promoting his new book, Bill Gates spoke to Andrew Ross Sorkin about climate change and how entrepreneurs like Elon Musk can play a role. Gates’ new book, How to Avoid a Climate Disaster, came out recently.
Source: CNBC Television/YouTube
“I think what Elon’s done with Tesla is fantastic. It’s, you know, probably the biggest single contribution to showing us that electric cars are part of how we solve climate change,” Gates told CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin in an interview on “Squawk Box.” “We need a lot of Elon Musks, including… ones who work on these super hard categories,” he said, referencing focuses like steel and cement.
“Elon’s done a carbon capture prize, which is an amazing thing,” said Gates, “I think he should be very proud of what he’s done.”
Read more about Bill Gates, including his comments on coronavirus and how climate change could be worse than the pandemic.
- Bill and Melinda Gates are Helping Poor Countries Fight Climate Change
- Bill Gates Tackles How to Avoid Climate Disaster in New Book
- Bill Gates Says Rich Countries Should Eat Synthetic Meat to Avoid Climate Disaster
- Elon Musk to Give $100 Million Prize to Develop Technology to Capture Carbon Dioxide Emissions
- Meet the 8th Grader Who Created a More Eco-Friendly Version of Elon Musk’s Hyperloop
- Elon Musk’s Donated Water Systems Will Soon Provide Schools in Flint With Access to Safe Clean Drinking Water
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes – with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!