White House officials shared with CNN that the administration had removed a Trump-appointed climate scientist. Betsy Weatherhead was removed from her position overseeing the US government’s report on the effects of climate change.
Whitehead’s removal was first reported by the Washington Post. The outlet reported friction between Weatherhead and officials involved in collaborating on the report, including disagreements over the direction of the research.
The move is one of many by the administration, including reintroducing the EPA’s climate change website, to rid political appointees of scientific roles. Weatherhead is a real scientist and believes climate change is real.
An atmospheric scientist, she will return to a position at the US Geological Survey in the Department of Interior.
Sign this petition to demand that U.S. legislators come together to unanimously support a Green New Deal so that we can finally address the climate crisis.
- Greta Thunberg Pushes Biden to ‘Treat Climate Crisis Like a Crisis’
- Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Endorses Joe Biden for President
- Biden Signs Executive Order to Rejoin Paris Climate Accord
- Biden Signs Executive Actions Focused on Climate Change: ‘We Can’t Wait Any Longer’
- United States Refocuses on Fight Against Climate Crisis with Summit Participation
- Lawsuit Against Federal Government Frames Healthy Climate as Legal Right
- Biden to Cancel Keystone XL Pipeline
- John Kerry Chosen as Climate Envoy for Biden Administration
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!