One Green Planet is a fast-growing media start up focused on compassionate and conscious living.
This role is for an entrepreneurial candidate who is excited about working in a creative, fast-paced and fun work environment, at an early-stage start up with tremendous growth potential. Perfect for someone who enjoys staying updated on all the latest news related to animals/animal rights, conscious living, vegan food, natural health, environmental issues. You should be tuned into pop and web culture and recognize how to bring the two together while discussing environmental, food, health and animal issues. The ideal candidate should have the knack of identifying Internet trends before they hit the mainstream and also come up with original ideas!
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and news and have a knack for finding the best viral content, including animal, photos, videos, vines, memes, GIFs – and finding them before anyone else.
- Edit, format, and proofread articles + perform layout and fact-checking tasks and editorial research.
- Generate/pitch ideas for content. Here are some examples: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/channel/news/
- Develop shareable visual and curate viral videos and images
- Be a passionate Green Monster, with a sense of humor!
- Spends majority of online and understands the building blocks of shareable content.
- Excellent written, communication, proofreading and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit
- Ability to generate/pitch content ideas quickly
- Ability to think visually: Light photo editing skills a plus
- Extensive knowledge of social platforms (Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter)
- Familiarity with WordPress, HTML
- Creative writing voice that translates to web-speak
- Send an email to team AT onegreenplanet DOT org with a cover letter, writing samples (if any), your social media accounts, your resume and 5 buzzy ideas that you think would work great on OGP.
- Participate in our #imagreenmonster campaign: http://onegr.pl/1lJE8G0 and send a link of your update along with your application
Candidates must be based in NYC/the Tristate area