One Green Planet is a fast-growing media startup focused on compassionate and eco-conscious living.
This role is for an entrepreneurial candidate who is excited about working in a creative, fast-paced and fun work environment, at a startup with tremendous growth potential.
- Plan the editorial calendar/strategy for various content categories and collaborate on projects and tools to increase audience retention and engagement.
- Manage and enhance editorial operations processes and grow the roster of contributors to increase breadth and depth of content.
- Oversee a team of freelance writers and editorial staff.
- Develop, pitch and select ideas for articles on most relevant topics, showcasing specific/seasonal themes and concepts, as well as daily news and viral posts.
- Build and manage relationships with partners across channels.
- Monitor the content to keep the site current, ensuring prompt elimination of any technical or content errors.
- Develop new franchises, including video, and other types of content to drive traffic and user engagement.
- Develop and analyze performance reports and leverage metrics to optimize the site via SEO, social media, etc.
- Work with potential partners interested in sponsored posts, native advertising and co-branded channels.
- Work closely with ad sales on brand positioning, franchise programs, digital strategies, and other new business initiatives.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of and passion for animals, the environment, plant-based food and health, and conscious living, with extensive writing and editorial experience at a lifestyle publication. In addition, he/she must possess the following requisite qualifications:
- 7+ years relevant editorial work experience.
- Working knowledge of industry-standard metrics, traffic and revenue flow across the Internet.
- Working knowledge of current SEO best practices, standard tools of digital publishing, including blogging platforms, content-management systems, photo and video software, including basic HTML.
- Demonstrated success in increasing traffic via social media, content distribution/syndication/licensing and working with developers on new media projects.
- Experience working with sales and marketing departments to come up with innovative ideas that drive business.
- Ability to manage an editorial staff, including freelance writers, multitask effectively and operate under deadline pressure.
- Candidate must be located in NYC/the Tri-state Area or willing to relocate at their own cost.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates please send an email to team AT onegreenplanet.org with a cover letter, writing samples and resume.
- Participate in our #imagreenmonster campaign: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/unleash-your-green-monster/ and send a link of your update along with your application.