One Green Planet is a platform for the growing compassionate and eco-conscious generation. With over 6 million monthly visitors, we are the fastest growing (and largest!) independent digital media startup focused on sustainable food, animal welfare, environmental protection, and cruelty-free/green living. If that’s not enough, we also just happen to be the biggest vegan/plant-based food and recipe site on the Internet.
Perks of Working at One Green Planet: Endless stress-busting sessions with Goji the dog, our Chief Happiness Officer. Other benefits include healthcare, fun times and free vegan snacks every day!
About The Role
This role is for an entrepreneurial candidate who is excited about working in a creative, fast-paced and fun work environment, with tremendous growth potential.
- Proofread a wide range of content from articles to graphics to find inconsistencies in AP Style, and editorial guidelines on a deadline-driven schedule.
- Work closely with editorial staff to resolve grammar and style related issues and improve writing.
- Manage and enhance One Green Planet’s Editorial Style Guide and related editorial guidelines. Make necessary adjustments, additions, and deletions as needed to guidelines.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and find the best animal and environmental stories and other popular content, including news — and find them before anyone else.
- Pitch and write several short buzz/news pieces per day.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and strong research, proofreading and writing skills.
- Specialized training in copyediting and proofreading highly desirable
- Detail oriented with focus on quality assurance.
- Strong working knowledge of and direct experience with AP Style
- Sound knowledge of online media publishing process.
- Tuned into animal and environmental news, but also pop and web culture, and recognize how to bring the two together in your writing.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate well.
- Experience editing and proofreading in a deadline-driven environment.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
- A sense of humor!
- Send a cover letter to [email protected] explaining why you are specifically interested in working for One Green Planet
- Include links/attachments to your writing samples, social media accounts and resume, along with 5 Buzz Monster-related article ideas (See http://www.onegreenplanet.org/channel/news/ for details)..
- What is your salary expectation for this role?
- We would love for you to participate in our #imagreenmonster campaign: http://onegreenplanet.org/unleash-your-green-monster/ and send a link of your update along with your application.
- Candidates must be based in New York City/Tri-State Area