On May 14, members of the U.S. Coast Guard in North Carolina discovered a missing dog after receiving a call at 6:10 p.m that the canine accidentally went overboard on her owner’s boat and into the Pamlico Sound.
“Shortly after, lookouts on CG24508 spotted movement on the calm waters and upon closer inspection saw a dog swimming towards the boat,” the Facebook post reported.
The crew immediately headed over toward the dog and helped him get back aboard to safety.
Source: U.S. Coast Guard/Facebook
The Coast Guard shared a video of the moment when rescuers pulled the pup up onto their boat. In the clip, the dog paddles towards the boat before two guardsmen work together to haul her out of the water.
The crew inspected the exhausted dog and made sure there were no injuries that needed medical attention.
“The crew made way towards the distressed dog and hauled Myla on board. After a quick inspection to ensure no injuries, the exhausted pup was given VIP treatment by the crew and was eventually reunited with its owners. We want to congratulate Myla on being a good girl and an amazing doggie swimmer!” the post concluded.
- An Atlanta dog needed more than $1,000 in surgeries. A NYC rescue helped
- Heartwarming reunion of Husky with owner after violence in Bucha
- Woman Reunites With Missing Dog Thanks to Kind Stranger Who Transported Pup 500 Miles
- Lost Dog Reunited with Owner After Three Years Can’t Contain Her Excitement!
- Dog Reunited with Family After Being Separated in Home Explosion
- Stolen Dog Reunited with Owner After a Year Apart
- Sick Pup Abandoned by Cruel Humans Who Removed His Microchip Finally Gets a Happy Ending (VIDEO)
- Senior Dog With a Microchip Found on the Streets, But Her Family’s Response Was Heartbreaking
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!