Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The Smell Of Money follows the story of Elsie Herring, a woman born and raised in North Carolina who is taking on the multibillion-dollar evil pork industry. For decades, the surrounding farms have been spraying animal waste on their homes and land. Herring and her community are taking a stand and fighting the world’s largest pork company for clean air, water, and a community that doesn’t constantly reek of pig feces.
In the 1980s, Herring felt drops fall on her, but the revolting odor confirmed, it could not be rain. It was coming from the farmer next door who was deliberately spraying hog waste into the air. Since that day, Herring has been fighting the pork industry along with other residents who couldn’t stand the horrible Pollution anymore. They have signed petitions, contacted elected officials, and testified before the United States Congress. But alas, nothing has changed.
Their competitor is the world’s biggest pork company, founded by Wendell Murphy, who has used his power as a politician to dodge consequences. He says the smell of hog waste is the smell of money, hence the documentary title. Herring and nearly 500 other angry North Carolina residents have filed 26 lawsuits against Murphy’s company in nine years.
The documentary will premiere on April 3rd and will hopefully cause more outrage and fight against this cruel industry. This is a matter of public health, animal welfare, and it is happening all over the country. We need to take a stand and demand these fundamental rights for these communities!
- HSUS Files FTC Complaint Against Pork Industry for Deceptive Animal Welfare Claims
- Pork Producers Plan to Kill Baby Pigs Unless they Get $1 Billion Government Bailout
- Pig Rescued From the Meat Industry Now Loves Getting Belly Rubs (VIDEO)
- Undercover Footage on French Farm Reveals Pigs Being Beaten and Mutilated in Sow Stalls
- New Documentary Follows a Farmer Who Decided to Stop Raising Pigs for Food and Grow Vegetables Instead! (VIDEO)
- Man Turns Farm Into an Animal Sanctuary Named After the Pig He Found There [Video]
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!