Meet Gracie, the sweet chicken who regularly visits the Willow Wind Assisted Living in Prescott, Arizona, to sit on laps and bring some smiles.
Source: Courier Video/Youtube
For three years, Gracie has been visiting the assisted living home with her owner, who is the activities director of the facility, Becky Medina. Gracie is described as patient, sweet, and always ready for pets. Many of the residents grew up on farms and raised chickens, so they share memories when Gracie visits.
“She’ll just lay there on your lap. She just keeps looking at you like, ‘Keep petting me!’ You know how dogs like to pet between their ears? Well, she likes to be pat on the back,” said Barbara Hebert, a resident at Willow Wind.
After Medina saw people bringing in dogs to visit the Willow Wind residents, she thought about her calm and gentle fowl. She thought that Gracie could bring some joy to the home.
“I consider my residents family. What brings me joy is making them happy, and Gracie brings them so much happiness. Many of the residents grew up on farms, and Gracie evokes so many wonderful memories for them,” Medina said.
Gracie has been popular amongst residents since her first visit, and she loves when she gets to go see all of her friends at Willow Wind.
“She’s so sweet. She makes you feel so calm. She’s just adorable. Her feathers are so soft. I love animals, and she’s just so sweet,” Hebert said.
- New Study Finds Therapy Dogs Can Reduce Pain in ER Patients
- Sweet Rescued Chicken Comforts Her Distressed Friend in Time of Need [Video]
- Animal Therapy Proves Useful for Cancer Patients and Caregivers
- Therapy Dog ‘Dogtor Loki’ Delivers Care Packages to Hospital Staff Fighting the Pandemic
- Woman Moves Out of NYC So She Could Keep Her Pet Chicken [Video]
- Turpin Kids, Victims of Child Abuse, Recover With the Help of a Therapy Dog
- 9 Chickens Left Anonymously at the Gates of a Farm Sanctuary Get a Second Chance at a Happy Life (VIDEO)
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!