The two foxes, Hawkins and Milo, had been released into an undisclosed location after being brought into the animal rescue facility for rehabilitation. Hawkins was severely emaciated and had mange and intestinal parasites. He had also ingested rat poison, most likely in an effort to find food. Hawkins needed round-the-clock care and therapy after sustaining so many health problems.
Despite all of his health issues, Hawkins was always there to protect his best friend Milo. The two foxes were able to be kept together throughout the process and released into a wooded area, where rescuers hope they won’t have any more contact with rat poison.
Hawkins’ case was a bleak one, and he very easily could have not pulled through. This story of two rescue foxes is a wildly successful example of why animal rehabilitation matters. Without the dedicated team at the Newhouse Wildlife Rescue center, Hawkins wouldn’t have made it.
- Sweetest Rescued Baby Fox Loves Cuddles and Attention from Human Friend [VIDEO]
- Disturbing Footage Described as “Scene From Hell” of Animals Suffering at a Fox Fur Farm
- Rescued Fox Thinks She’s a Dog and The Love Between Her and Her Guardian is Adorable!
- Animal Rescuers Helped Fox Recover From Mange and Released her Back Into the Wild
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily. Subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!