Saks Fifth Avenue announced that they would be going fur-free by the end of 2022, according to an email from the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). This ban applies to in-house and partner brands for the retailer.
The company shared in a statement, “With this commitment, we will no longer offer products from animals raised for the use of their fur, including but not limited to mink, fox, chinchilla, and sable, as well as fur products derived from wild animals, such as coyote and beaver. We will take a phased approach, starting with closing fur salons by the end of fiscal 2021 and eliminating products sold by brand partners by the end of fiscal 2022.”
Kitty Block, president, and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States said in an emailed statement, “Saks Fifth Avenue’s fur-free announcement is a game-changer. Clearly, consumers no longer want animal cruelty in their wardrobes, and credit to Saks for recognizing that the future of luxury is about innovative alternatives that are better for animals and the environment. More and more brands and companies are adopting fur-free policies and it’s only a matter when, not if, the few remaining fashion brands will catch up with this new standard.”
Source: PETA UK/YouTube
Every year, millions of animals are raised and killed for their fur. The animals at fur farms are kept in tiny cages their entire lives. It’s been proven that the mental health of animals on fur farms, like all captive animals, suffers greatly. The pace and self-mutilate. Then, they are killed in gruesome ways like gassing, bludgeoning, and electrocution. Fashion houses Stella McCartney, Gucci, Versace, and Giorgio Armani do not use fur or have announced they will stop using fur in the production of their clothing. We hope other cities, states, and countries follow suit!
Sign this petition to End the Chinchilla Fur Trade in the U.S. and E.U.
- States Introduce Fur Ban Legislation to Fight COVID-19 and Animal Cruelty
- 10 Adorable Minks That Will Convince You to Go Fur-Free!
- Shocking New Footage of Animals Suffering on a Polish Fur Farm
- Here are the Innocent Faces of the Cruel Fur Industry
- Mink on Wisconsin Fur Farm Test Positive for COVID-19
- Victory! World’s Largest Fur Auction House to Close
- Disturbing Footage Described as “Scene From Hell” of Animals Suffering at a Fox Fur Farm
- Need Another Reason to Stop Buying Fur? Watch this Sad Footage of Mink Attacking Each Other at a Lithuanian Fur Farm
- Dutch Fur Farms Have Killed A Million Mink During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Hungary Bans Fur Farming
- New Undercover Investigation Shows How Baby Foxes Are Raised For Their Fur (VIDEO)
- Mink Rescued From Fur Farm Experiences Water for the First Time (VIDEO)
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!