On the morning of April 12, Sacramento firefighters investigated a scene of a debris fire under the Interstate 80 bridge in north Sacramento. After putting out the fire, they found a small pit bull mix puppy all alone and carried him out to safety.
Firefighters with @SacFirePIO found this puppy while they were putting out the flames underneath the I-80 bridge just west of Norwood Ave. The puppy is doing well and there were no injuries. pic.twitter.com/RGqj1tmevi
— Eytan Wallace (@EytanWallace) April 12, 2022
Thankfully, the puppy did not have any injuries from the smoke or fire, so firefighters let animal control authorities hand him off to Front Street Animal Shelter. While the shelter was searching for the little guy’s forever home, Sacramento firefighter Mike Thawley felt called to take him in as a foster dog.
“He will be adopted,” Thawley said in the video. “And he will have a big sister named Chunk, because Loki will be living with us.”
Loki made friends with Thawley’s other dog and his new brother—an American Staffordshire terrier named Chunk, who has a similar rescue story. Sacramento fire crews rescued Chunk while responding to a fire about five years ago.
Loki has quickly become the most popular member of the Sacramento Fire department and can be found conducting interviews and posing for photos!
- An Atlanta dog needed more than $1,000 in surgeries. A NYC rescue helped
- Heartwarming reunion of Husky with owner after violence in Bucha
- Woman Reunites With Missing Dog Thanks to Kind Stranger Who Transported Pup 500 Miles
- Lost Dog Reunited with Owner After Three Years Can’t Contain Her Excitement!
- Dog Reunited with Family After Being Separated in Home Explosion
- Stolen Dog Reunited with Owner After a Year Apart
- Sick Pup Abandoned by Cruel Humans Who Removed His Microchip Finally Gets a Happy Ending (VIDEO)
- Senior Dog With a Microchip Found on the Streets, But Her Family’s Response Was Heartbreaking
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store or Google Play Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!