On May 3, Clark County Animal Protection Services found this tiny 4-week-old kitten named Savannah in a dumpster fire and rushed her to The Animal Foundation. She was alive but very badly burned and in immense pain. Thanks to the hard work of veterinarians and volunteers, the resilient girl is now on the long road to recovery.
Source: 8 News NOW Las Vegas/Youtube
“Her fur and whiskers were singed,” Animal Foundation Communications Director Kelsey Pizzi tells Daily Paws. “Her paws were also burned, so we had to put tiny little bandages on her paws.”
Burn wounds can easily become infected, and she’s even more susceptible because she’s so young. Savannah is currently receiving around-the-clock care and being carefully treated, the rescue reported in a Facebook post. She was placed in an incubator to keep her warm, and she has also regained her appetite. She has been placed in a foster home while she continues to heal.
Despite the painful and scary experience, Savannah is a fighter and has a growing support system.
You can read about Savannah’s recovery here.
If you’re interested in donating to the Animal Foundation, you can do so here. Your donation will go straight to helping the highest volume single-site animal shelter in America save more lives. It will also help provide shelter, medical care, behavioral enrichment, and more for thousands of homeless, injured, and neglected animals waiting to find a home and a family to love.
- An Atlanta dog needed more than $1,000 in surgeries. A NYC rescue helped
- Heartwarming reunion of Husky with owner after violence in Bucha
- Woman Reunites With Missing Dog Thanks to Kind Stranger Who Transported Pup 500 Miles
- Lost Dog Reunited with Owner After Three Years Can’t Contain Her Excitement!
- Dog Reunited with Family After Being Separated in Home Explosion
- Stolen Dog Reunited with Owner After a Year Apart
- Sick Pup Abandoned by Cruel Humans Who Removed His Microchip Finally Gets a Happy Ending (VIDEO)
- Senior Dog With a Microchip Found on the Streets, But Her Family’s Response Was Heartbreaking
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!