Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Since the start of the invasion of Ukraine, so many people have been helping animals cross the borders for safety. Now another massive effort to rescue Ukrainian pets is underway amid reports that Russian soldiers are eating dogs, rabbits, and cats.
Reports claim that starving Russian troops are resorting to eating these animals. Russian soldiers have been starving and struggling to find food for weeks. They have even stolen food from local farms and, in some cases, asked Ukrainian citizens for food.
A video recently went viral of a Russian soldier who put down his weapons and was greeted by a Ukrainian woman giving him a warm drink and pastry and telling him to go home. In the video, they call his mother, and he is overcome with emotion and begins to cry.
Source: Jim Heath Channel/Youtube
No one deserves to be hungry, and they should not resort to eating these poor abandoned animals. Charities and shelters are entering the crossfires to save all of the animals abandoned and left on the streets. FOUR PAWS has launched a new aid project to help feed animals in Ukraine, and the ADA Foundation is supporting and housing animals escaping the war. A veterinarian is even saving and operating on stranded animals in his kitchen.
- British Man Drives Over 1200 Miles Through Ukraine to Save Stranded Lion and Wolf
- Hero Vet Saves Animals From Ukrainian War by Operating on Them in a Kitchen
- Brave Vet Goes into Ukraine Battle Zones to Save Animals!
- FOUR PAWS Launches New Aid Project to Feed Animals in Ukraine
- 10 Ways to Help People and Animals in Ukraine
- ADA Foundation in Poland is Helping Animals of All Kinds Escape the Ukraine War
- Polish Animal Charity Helps Evacuate Animals From Ukraine
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!