Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Future Score was put through the fitness test on the eve of the big race. Failing it, after he showed lameness in his right foreleg.
Another racehorse also showed lameness but still managed to pass the fitness test. Planning to be put into the race the next day despite not being completely healthy.
Every year at these kinds of races several horses go lame are injured, and even killed or put down. It is all so very senseless as these horses are raced at breakneck speeds for the sport of the viewers.
Racehorses have a very short career and do not often get to have a happy retirement if they even survive that long.
The winner of last year’s Melbourne Cup later broke down after it was discovered that he had shown lameness before running the race. He ended up being euthanized shortly after.
We do not know what happened to Future Score, but we can only hope he received care and will recover. These story are unfortunately too common.
- Simpsons Creator Sam Simon Rescues Injured Racehorse
- Why Horse Racing is Cruel and Needs to End
- The Hidden Cruelty Behind the Glamour of the Horse Racing Industry
- 5 Myths the Horse Racing Industry Spreads
- Petition: Ban Horse Racing in the U.S.
- The Dark Side of Horse Racing: Losers Are Shipped to Slaughter in Mexico and Canada
- Undercover Investigation Reveals Mass Slaughter and Abuse Behind the Scenes of Horse Racing in Australia
- Petition: Pass the SAFE Act to Protect Horses From Slaughter
- Coach Thrown Out of Olympics After Punching Horse
- Petition: Enforce Stricter Rules for Animal Abuse on Australian Television!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily. Subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!