Ukrainian firefighters found an adorable puppy when searching through rubble from a war-torn street, and now he’s the mascot of the fire station!
The rescue pup named Bayraktar but affectionately called “Bai,” is a white fluffy four-legged friend who has become the mascot of the station. Bai is paid for his mascot duties through sausages and goodies. Bai loves to nibble on rescue boots and is always looking forward to the various goodies he will be paid in. The SES said that the new “fire department employee has significantly increased in height and weight in two months.”
Bai is especially good at guarding the objects that are given to him, and when the combat team has to leave for a call, Bai escorts them out with a bark and gladly welcomes them when they return. Bai has brought smiles to the station in this devastating time for the country.
So many innocent lives have been lost, countless volunteers are helping to rescue animals all over the country, and many people are staying behind to help feed hundreds of refugees every day. The impact of the Russian invasion has been devastating for the environment and the global food supply and has even caused mass animal deaths like these dolphins in the Black Sea. Activists all around the world are standing for the people of Ukraine and demanding an end to this war.
- Ukraine to Seek Compensation For Environmental Damage Due to Russian Invasion
- War in Ukraine Could Be Causing Mass Dolphin Deaths in the Black Sea
- Vegan Restaurant in Ukraine Feeds Hundreds of Refugees for Free Everyday
- Russian Activist Switches Climate Activism for Anti-War Protesting
- Russian Invasion of Ukraine Will be Devastating for Global Food Supply
- Woman Unites With Her Cat Left Behind in Ukraine
- How Volunteer Animal Transports Are Working to Save Multiple Lives
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!