Tonka the dog was born with deformed elbows, but after surgery and physical therapy, he now loves to go on hikes with his mom!
Source: the dodo/Youtube
When Tonka was just a puppy, he was unable to stand or walk normally due to his deformity. Unfortunately, he was born into inexperienced breeders who couldn’t afford to give him the proper medical treatment he so desperately needed. Luckily, the breeders contacted Project Precious Rescue, who was able to give him the surgery he needed to learn how to walk! Although Tonka has a journey ahead of him, along with many hours of physical therapy, one thing was clear; he is a fighter and was determined to come back stronger.
You can keep up with Project Precious Rescue and help Tonka’s rescuers save more dogs by donating. You can keep up with Tonka and his adventures on Instagram.
- Heartbreaking Rescue Story of Petal the Cat Who Was Bleeding for 2 Years and Waiting to Die
- After Spending 10 Days Apart Cat Can’t Stop Hugging His Dog Friend (VIDEO)
- This Cat Takes Care of His Sick Best Friend, Who’s a Dog! (VIDEO)
- Watch This Cat and Dog Playing Happily Together!
- Tycho and Refurb: A Lesson in Friendship for All Cats and Dogs (PHOTOS)
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!