You know what we love? Unlikely friendships. There’s almost nothing cuter than a pair of pals that no one would suspect could get along teaming up to combine their powers for the greater cuteness. You see, to us, these friendships demonstrate that differences as silly as species really don’t mean anything to an animal.
Don’t get us wrong, there are always instances in which personalities can clash. Exercising caution when introducing both your furry and your feathered friends is always a good bet to ensure everyone’s safety. Once you’ve established that all parties are comfortable, moments of friendship will start to materialize. Before you know it, Polly Pug and Henrietta will be giggling about last night’s episode of The Big Bang Theory and making plans for a nap out by the mesquite tree that afternoon.
Dogs and chickens can go together like peas and carrots. Doing things like sharing food, snuggling and being all around adorable, these crazy cohorts pretty much act just like you and your best friend do. Don’t believe us? Here are 15 times dogs and chickens proved that they could be thick as thieves!
1. They photobomb each other
2. It doesn’t bother them when they show up wearing the same outfit.
Pets 4 Homes
3. Nose rubs can totally involve beaks too.
4. Three words: piggy back rides.
5. “You look this way, I’ll look that way!”
6. A true friend will always give you a leg up.
7. “You missed a spot. Just above my wing…a little to the right…ahhh, got it.”
8. Mothering instincts know no species when you’re a chicken…
9. …or a dog, for that matter.
10. They share hairstyling tips.
11. Sometimes they let the little guy win the wrestling match.
12. It’s fun to pretend you’re a pirate and parrot combo while hanging out in the yard.
13. “Aw, don’t be sad friend. I saved some choice birdseed for you, come on over and have a nibble.”
14. The human equivalent of this is stealing a french fry from your buddy’s plate.
15. “Geez Vinnie, what are you the baby chick whisperer or something?”
Lead Image Credit: Pets 4 Homes