Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Despite Facebook’s promises to fight the illegal wildlife trafficking industry, it persists and continues to profit from the imprisonment and neglect of helpless animals. A recent report by Avaaz claims that Facebook remains a popular platform for cruel animal traffickers. The researchers found that Facebook’s algorithms “help criminals grow their business.” It should not be this easy for wildlife traffickers to find posts seeking to buy or sell live animals.
Elephant ivory from Thailand, pangolin scales from Vietnam, and sun bears from Malaysia. Tigers, walrus, tortoises, rhinos, sea turtles, and shark fins can all be found for sale on Facebook in a matter of seconds, says Mongabay.
Facebook is aware that criminal trade in wildlife is happening and they must take responsibility for their involvement in this threat to global biodiversity. Sign this petition to urge Facebook to strengthen and enforce its policies to end wildlife trafficking!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Release Rescued Lion who Was Sent Back to His Abusive Captor
- Ban All Fur Farming in The U.S
- People are Forcing Snakes to Kill Pets For Youtube Likes
- Urge the U.S. Government to Ban the Breeding of Pugs
- Shut Down This Murderous Horse-Racing Track
- Stop Subjecting Rats to Unnecessarily Cruel Suffering
- Fire Uvalde Police Who Stood Around For 40 Minutes While Children Were Dying
- Tell Trader Joe’s to Ditch the Plastic Packaging
- Pass The New York Deforestation-Free Procurement Act
- Tell Congress to Implement a National Red Flag Law
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!