Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Adopting a pet is supposed to be a happy cause for celebration. It’s about gaining a companion and adding a new family member to your home. The purpose is to care for them, spend time with them, play with them, and give them a loving home. It most certainly is not to eat them! Yet, that’s exactly what a cruel couple in Russia did the very same night after adopting a dog.
The couple went to a shelter and a lovable dog named Nika ran up to them. By all appearances, they fell in love with the dog and were ready to give Nika a loving forever home. They gave their personal information like passports and more. They took Nika home and that night, a volunteer came by to inspect the home and found some of Nika’s remains on the porch. The rest of Nika’s remains were on the stove.
The volunteer smelled “fried meat.” The woman, named Galina confessed to bludgeoning Nika to death with an iron rod and then cooking him and eating him. White hairs were found on an iron rod and some of his remains were found on a pot in the stove. To make matters worse, she and her unnamed husband have no shame. Galina even says no one will put her in jail over a dog.
She needs to be proven wrong. What they did is not acceptable whatsoever. They adopted the dog under the false pretenses that they would care for Nika. They are a danger to other animals and to people. It’s well known that animal abusers tend to go on to hurt others too.
Sign this petition demanding that Galina and her husband be charged for their heartless crime!
Sadly, this isn’t the first horrific case like this. Sign these other petitions to demand justice for other brutally hurt or killed animals:
- Justice for Dog Cruelly Killed and Baked in an Oven
- Justice for Dog Tied to Car and Dragged Down the Road
- Justice for Dogs Beaten So Badly They Threw Up
- Justice for Puppy Beaten to Death With a Hammer by Abuser
- Justice for Dog Killed in Clothes Dryer by Teen
- Justice for Dog Shot 10 Times on Video by Teen
- Justice for Disabled Dog Cruelly Abandoned by his Family Twice
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!