Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Fur trapping is incredibly cruel and unnecessary. Wild animals trapped for their fur undergo extreme violence and usually suffer for hours or even days at a time. They are caught in steel-jaw traps or even hit to death with bats. These innocent animals are killed to death so their fur can be used in the fashion industry.
Fur is a dying industry, it’s outmoded and out of step with today’s views on animal welfare and the environment. Antiquated traps force helpless animals to endure unimaginable pain for hours or even days, only to be brutally beaten to death, said Kitty Block, CEO of Humane Society International and President and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States.
The entire fashion industry is moving away from fur, and it’s time that this barbaric tradition comes to an end. Sign this petition to demand that Congress ban all fur trapping in the United States!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Tell Major Fashion Brands to Ditch Leather
- Sign to Keep Pets and Families Together!
- Hold Bob Baffert Accountable For Drugging Racehorses
- Tell Starbucks to Stop Upcharging on its Milk Alternatives
- Acknowledge Corporations That Are Making Climate Change Worse
- Make Hearing Aids More Accessible
- Punish Influencer For Making Handbag Using a Human Spine
- Investigate Israel’s Targeting of Journalists in Palestine
- Demand Justice for Trans Woman Found in Trash Can
- Demand Corporations Stop Funding Anti-choice politicians!For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the
One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!