This campaign comes at an especially important time. Pet owners are starting to return to work after lockdown, often resulting in separation anxiety for pets that have gotten used to their guardians being around.
Munn said, “As we’re all getting back to our regular lives and our routines are changing, we’re going to be leaving the home again. And so, there is a lot of social and separation anxiety happening with our dogs. And that feeling that comes over you when your dog is uneasy, it stays with you.”
To help owners identify and treat the warning signs of separation anxiety in their dogs, Petco is offering a new free virtual training seminar available through the end of September called “Well-Adjusted Dog: Preparing for Separation and Social Anxiety.”
This training seminar can help both new and old pet owners identify whether or not their dog has anxiety as well as how they can practice relaxation techniques to treat it.
- #AdoptDontShop: 10 Kind-Hearted Celebrities Who Rescued Dogs During the Pandemic
- Situations That Can Cause Stress in Pets — and Steps You Can Take to Prevent Them
- How to Get Anxious or Motion Sick Dogs to Ride in the Car
- 6 Tips for Helping New Pets Adjust to Their Home
- Pets Anxious as their Humans Return to Work
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily. Subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!