Oh boy, get ready for some elephant-sized happy tears!
At three years old, Me-Bai the elephant was ripped from her mother’s side and sold into the Thai tourism industry. The poor calf was subjected to a brutal “breaking” period and forced to give rides to paying customers day in and day out. This trauma and stress took a serious toll on Me-Bai’s well-being, and she grew too weak to carry tourists.
Lucky for this young elephant, her owner took pity on her and retired her to Elephant Nature Park. Once she was released to Elephant Nature Park, Me-Bai’s new caretakers set out on a mission to find this little elephant’s mother. Within a matter of weeks, they located Mae Yum, Me-Bai’s mom, and set their glorious reunion into motion.
In this video, Mae Yum and Me-Bai are finally reunited! It had been three years since this mother/daughter pair had seen one another. The joy and love that they exude are sure to warm your heart.
A big thank you to all the kind people at Elephant Nature Park who made this reunion possible! Enjoy your life together, Me-Bai and Mae Yum!
- Elephant Calf is Rescued From Snare
- Elephant Handler Fired From Job After Repeatedly Beating Elephant with Spiked Metal Bar
- Ricky Gervais and Moby Call for Elephants to be Released From Zoos and Sent to Sanctuaries
- Sweet Elephant Who Spent 53 Years in the Circus Finally Gets Rescued and Reunited With Her Friends
- Former Working Elephants Reunite With Their Family After 4 Years Apart
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!