Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Oh boy, get ready for some elephant-sized happy tears!
At three years old, Me-Bai the elephant was ripped from her mother’s side and sold into the Thai tourism industry. The poor calf was subjected to a brutal “breaking” period and forced to give rides to paying customers day in and day out. This trauma and stress took a serious toll on Me-Bai’s well-being, and she grew too weak to carry tourists.
Lucky for this young elephant, her owner took pity on her and retired her to Elephant Nature Park. Once she was released to Elephant Nature Park, Me-Bai’s new caretakers set out on a mission to find this little elephant’s mother. Within a matter of weeks, they located Mae Yum, Me-Bai’s mom, and set their glorious reunion into motion.
In this video, Mae Yum and Me-Bai are finally reunited! It had been three years since this mother/daughter pair had seen one another. The joy and love that they exude are sure to warm your heart.
A big thank you to all the kind people at Elephant Nature Park who made this reunion possible! Enjoy your life together, Me-Bai and Mae Yum!
- Elephant Calf is Rescued From Snare
- Elephant Handler Fired From Job After Repeatedly Beating Elephant with Spiked Metal Bar
- Ricky Gervais and Moby Call for Elephants to be Released From Zoos and Sent to Sanctuaries
- Sweet Elephant Who Spent 53 Years in the Circus Finally Gets Rescued and Reunited With Her Friends
- Former Working Elephants Reunite With Their Family After 4 Years Apart
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!