Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A dog that was pinned under a boulder was rescued by first responders in Pennsylvania, WBRE/WYOU reported. Lake Winola firefighters and Tunkhannock Township police officer Timothy McCoy responded to a call that ended up being longer than they bargained for.
A dog was trapped under a rock in Wyoming County. “When we got on scene, we found out the dog was actually in a cave, with its head stuck in a hole,” said Lake Winola Volunteer Fire Department Lt. Nate Evans. She was there for a while,” McCoy said. “She was definitely hungry; she was definitely cold.”
The rescuers believe that eight-month golden retriever puppy Brandy chased an animal into a hole under the boulder and got stuck. Brandy’s owner Nadia Delicati said she was missing. Bailey, Brandy’s mother led Delicati to a cave where she then called the police after failing to dig her out.
Firefighters tried chisels and sledgehammers to get her out. “We had to make the hole a little bigger, so we could put our smallest guy in,” Evans said.
“I was able to take a pry bar between the two rocks that had her by the head, put all my weight into it, lifted just enough that her head popped out. Couldn’t believe it but it worked out really well,” Lake Winola Volunteer Fire Department Lt. Eric Coolbaugh said.
The rescue was also special for the first responders. “We see so many tragic events that something like this, you can get her out safely, and we got lots of kisses and love from the dog,” Coolbaugh said. “It made our day. It made our day big time.”
Read more rescue stories in One Green Planet, including this dog that was reduced from an irrigation pipe.
- Firefighters Rescue Dog Trapped Under a Bus
- Rescue Team Saves Couple and Dogs from Pickup Trunk Dangling Off Bridge
- Puppy Rescued from Freezing Waters of Jamaica Bay in New York City
- Coast Guard Rescues Distressed Woman and Her Dogs From Sailboat During Bad Weather
- Bridge Inspector Rescues Dog Hanging 120 Feet Above River
- Brave Board Rider Saves Dog from Drowning after a Kayak Overturned in Rough Waters
- Dog Trapped at the Bottom of a Sinkhole Gets Rescued
- Lost Dog Rescued by Family in the Middle of Lake Michigan!
- Dog Saved in Heroic Rescue from a Frozen River in Michigan
- Husky Rescued from Storm Drain in California!
- Stranded Pup Surrounded by Crocodiles Rescued on Florida Island
- Dog Rescued After Being Trapped on Steep Cliff
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!