See the stories, below:
Kuma, a pitbull mix, was adopted in 2018 after Hurricane Harvey. See his post about adopting Kuma, below:
View this post on Instagram
MEET KUMA (くま) !!! 🐻 There are too many people to thank for Kuma…. @jesslee81 and William and everyone @chancetobloom You are the heroes who took Kuma from death and loved her back to life. Also @austinpetsalive for steering me towards a new adoption. And also… of course Katie and Ryan and all the pilots with @pilotsnpaws … showing that ALL breeds can fly. Especially the ones most in need. PLEASE, if you follow me… check out the work ALL these people do, day in and day out… to rescue and help the voiceless. If you are looking for ANY kind of Dog or Cat… PLEASE adopt one. You can find ANY breed. Even really fancy ones in need of homes. Don’t believe me? Think of a breed, go to petfinder.com … and see for yourself! And oh yeah… thanks @petfinder for all you do too! If you can… please go to the link in my bio and see what @chancetobloom does. And please make a donation in Kuma’s name. #pitbull #adoptdontshop #pittiesofig #dontbullymybreed #rescuedog #くま
Learn more about pets and coronavirus, including transmitting the virus to pets, how to adopt a pet during social distancing, shelters struggling during coronavirus, and the man that fostered 100 dogs during coronavirus crisis.
Scientists believe that the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, started at an exotic animal market in Wuhan, China. You can help stop the incidence of viruses like these by signing this petition to ban the wildlife trade.
This is a good time to reconsider our intake of animal products to stay healthy. Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our latest coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Jane Goodall’s Talks about Coronavirus and the Treatment of Wild Animals
- United States Now Has Most Coronavirus Cases in the World
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Coronavirus Update: Death Toll Surpasses SARS
- The Difference Between COVID-19 and the Flu
- Coronavirus Update: Quarantined Patients Given Turtles for Dinner In Spite of
- Coronavirus Update: Your Pets are Not in Danger
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!