A French law student is receiving death threats after modeling for a streaming service that specializes in hunting and fishing. The model claims she is getting death threats after modeling for Zone 300, the streaming service, in addition to sharing “her passion” on social media.
Johanna Clermont, the “hunting influencer” is now getting threatened thanks to the new ubiquity of her social media, as well as ads and posters in promoting the service. Clermont has also been featured in multiple news outlets, including The Telegraph and the Daily Mail.
Animal rights activists are criticizing Clermont for hunting and sharing photos of her kills. Anti-hunting activists are vocal in their criticism.
Hunters don’t seem pleased with Clermont’s influencer style either. Martine Pion, president of the National Association of Female Hunting (l’Association Nationale de La Chasse au Féminin) told the Telegraph, ” We don’t share the same way of seeing things. To be a spokesmodel and remain independent seem difficult to me. So the guys find her pretty, fine. I’m perhaps gullible but our cause is not about looks.”
Clermont has shared posts to her over 300,000 Instagram followers, showing her hunting around the world and showing off her kills and guns. A hunter since she was 16, her image is now used in billboards and ads across Paris to promote the streaming platform. Clermont seems non-plussed with the criticism, “Pissing off people is my second passion,” she says.
Check out our resources about trophy hunting:
- Safari Club International Where Donald Trump Jr. Auctioned a Hunt is also Involved in Trading Body Parts of Endangered Animals
- Donald Trump Jr.’s “Dream Hunt” Auction
- Undercover Footage of Nevada Trophy Hunting Convention Shows Promoting Trips to Shoot Lions
- Five reasons Trophy Hunting is not conservation
- What Actions You Can Take to Stop Trophy Hunting
- 10 Stories Highlighting the Horrors of the Trophy Hunting Industry
- Petition: A Former Trophy Hunting Attorney Was Appointed to Work in Wildlife Conservation
- Federal Government Rolling Back Wildlife Protections to Allow Trophy Hunting on Alaska’s National Preserves and Refuge
Sign this petition to tell conservation agencies that trophy hunting should be banned!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!